|Best of VMworld 2011 Private Cloud|
This award follows other recent successes such as being named the #1 private cloud vendor by Forrester Research. Customers want a trusted vendor that has proven themselves in large-scale, enterprise environments, and one that has been around for a few years. Companies just don't want to trust their data centers to a startup with an uncertain future. There is just too much at-risk.
|Platform team celebrates the win at VMworld!|
Our private cloud / IaaS management solution, called Platform ISF, was cited for the following key differentiators:
- Cloud in a cloud in a cloud – ability to support multiple hierarchical organizational structures with nested virtual private clouds for business units, groups, projects, etc.
- Physical deployment – includes native capability to do bare metal physical provisioning all the way to complex multi-tier application structures
- Application-centric framework – IT services are captured as standardized applications or application components that are multi-tiered, virtual and physical, private and public cloud, etc.
- Automated provisioning of VMware – deep integration that maintains investment in VMware with automatic discovery, import (all or partial), synchronization, and simplification of provisioning VMware environments
- Multi-hypervisor with KVM and Xen – adds a management layer similar to vCenter on top of KVM / Xen to normalize capabilities across hypervisors
- Integration with P2V (physical to virtual) – support for multiple provisioning tools plus a Platform native option to support the ongoing transition of more applications and workloads to virtual environments
- Managing resource pools on DRS clusters – adding control over resource pools on DRS clusters with end user self-service management aligned to hierarchical account management
- Policy management - depth and breadth of policy management capabilities for both initial placement and operational service level agreements (SLAs) such as flexing up and down
- One solution – Platform ISF is an integrated set of IaaS management capabilities that span self-service, billing, automation, etc. versus requiring multiple solutions from different vendors that require stitching together